Style Graduate

Professional style on a graduate student budget.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Pumpkins!

It's autumn here in the Northern hemisphere, which means we get to eat pumpkin pie [1], and carve Jack-o-Lanterns, and drink spiced apple cider, and go trick-or-treating (okay, maybe some of us are a little too old for trick-or-treating, which is why some long-forgotten genius invented the Halloween party!), and those of us far enough North get gorgeous autumn leaves.

I know that plenty of people dislike Martha Stewart, but there is no denying that these lace patterned Jack-o-Lanterns are pretty incredible. I live in an apartment, so I don't have a front porch on which to display my carved pumpkins, but that won't stop me!

[1] Speaking of pumpkin pie, does anyone have a favorite recipe? I generally use the one on the back of the can of pureed pumpkin, but I'd like to branch out.

2 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The lanterns are so pretty! Too bad it takes so much work. I was kinda hoping that Martha's KMart line would have precasted metal ones like these.

 
At 10:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my favorite Thxgiving pie recipe, I even chean and use storebought crust instead of their recipe and it still rocks!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/recipe_views/views/13329

 

Post a Comment

<< Home